The history of Buckfast Abbey is extraordinary, since it is the only
English medieval monastery to have been restored and used
again for its original purpose. The original monastery at Buckfast
was founded during the reign of King Cnut in 1018.
Buckfast Abbey is now home to the resident Benedictine Monks who work, study and get actively involved in the Abbey’s industries. These include Conference facilities, Bee Keeping, Making Tonic Wine, Pottery, Fudge & producing works of Art.
Extensive restoration work & improvements have been taking place over the years. The most recent of these, being the refurbishment of the Grange complex. The aim is to provide visitors to the Abbey with improved restaurant facilities.
The Servery was inspired by the octagonal Kitchen at Glastonbury Abbey, whilst the main seating area has influences of a Tithe Barn, or Grain storage area. The Abbey prides them selves on providing good quality food in a tranquil setting with the beautiful Westcountry Countryside.
Working in conjunction with the Russell Partnership & Moxley McDonald Architects, the brief was clear. To provide quality equipment within a challenging environment. While retaining the octagonal space for serving visitors to the Abbey via a bespoke servery.
Equipment included Falcon prime cooking, Convotherm Combination Ovens, Winterhalter Rack Dishwashers, Foster Coldrooms, blast freezers and Refrigeration, Robot Coupe Food Preparation Equipment, Essex Fabrications Counters, Stainless Steel Fabrication & Halton Extraction Canopy’s & Service Distribution Unit.
Next project →← Previous project